Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Prodigy Are Back!!


I can't tell you how happy I am right now. I just listened to the new singles that were pre-released on iTunes for the upcoming album "Invaders Must Die" by The Prodigy. I've loved this band for as long as I can remember. They were cutting-edge, ahead of the curve in every respect to their contemperaries ...until the release of "Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned" in 2004. OK...maybe I'm just a jerk or snobby about music. I don't think so, but I've heard it from people in the past. Anyway...I was so disappointed with that album. It was executed well....it was technically interesting...but it just wasn't the caliber I expected from the band. Take me back to "The Experience", "Jilted Generation" and "Fat of the Land". Well....that's what they did with this new album. I'm hearing all the very best elements from those groundbreaking albums in every track. I feel like a new fan all over again. I loaded the songs onto my iPod and turned the volume all the way up (Thank you Skull Candy headphones....best 80 bucks I ever spent!). I'm thrilled. So a HUGE THANK YOU to Liam, Kieth and Maxim for coming to your senses and making yet another amazing album and restoring my faith in The Prodigy. Now all you guys need to do is play a show here in the Pacific Northwest....I'd love for you to come to Portland, but I'm flexible!! Just play the U.S. West Coast and I'll be there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment