Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Oh My Yum! Bete-Lukas

Valentines Day rocked. Joshie took me to Bete-Lukas on SE 50th just off of Division. He had never experienced Ethiopian food before. I had limited experience, but knew that I LOVED it. Anyway...what an awesome place! We were both so impressed with not only the food, but the coziness of the place (maybe 15 tables) the cleanliness (immaculate) the ambiance...oh and the service is genuinely 1st rate. I felt like we should have been spending a lot more than we did all said and done (Less than $50 for 2 people w/beer). This is a 4 star restaurant with 2 star pricing. You TOTALLY get your money's worth and more. The food you ask?? EFFING AMAZING. The Kategna (Warm Injera with Berbere and seasoned butter) were...for lack of a better word...DIVINE. Eggplant Tibs were especially tasty also. Please....everyone....GO TO THIS RESTAURANT! I promise you that you'll be thrilled. If you like slightly (or very) spicy, highly-aromatic food and you don't mind digging in with your hands (traditional!)....this is THE place to go. We both left with full tummies and nothing but positive thoughts for this place. We'll be going back soon...with friends, with family....by ourselves....I don't know if we'll ever be able to 'get enough' Bete-Lukas!

No comments:

Post a Comment