Monday, February 9, 2009

More Fun Times...

Guhhhh!! My mouth sucks! I got into the dentist today with no problems. Thankfully this time they were able to get me most of the way numb...I still felt more than I should have, but it wasn't agonzingly painful in a physical way. I didn't scream or anything this time. (My Dr. was thrilled) It was mildly psychologicaly torturous...all the nasty scraping/popping/drilling sounds combined with the super-gross smell of burning teeth. I can't get the smell of it out of my brain!

Problems? Yes!! It wouldn't be Classic Kelsey if it went perfectly smooth. He was able to start the root canal on my upper-right bicuspid, but as soon as he really got in there he hit the *Surprise!* abscess. It was horrible (I mean...nuhhh...buh..). He got in there, murdered whatever he needed to, ground some more tooth away and had to stop. He said he couldn't continue without jeopardizing my life and his practice if I died from blood poisoning. Stupid effing blood poisoning. Sooooo....I have a partially finished root canal and an icky gaping hole next to it. He had to go back into the area that just three days ago was home to my sad, rotten canine and...*massive shudder*....clean it out. He said some things that I never want to hear coming out of a Dr. or dentists mouth, ever again. "Whoa...oh gosh...that's bad.....*scrape, scrape...grind*....oh man....no, that's not good....yeah....not good at all". For real. That's what he said. Verbatim.

Anyway....I'm going back in on Friday to see how the infection is clearing, then, pending a positive report card, I will be scheduled to finish this procedure early next week. I've been warned that it will be painful for the next few days, and to expect blood and....other stuff. He put me on more strong meds for pain (hydromorphone) and a new ultra-high dose of Cleocin. I hate that crap. Clyndamycin makes my stomach hurt pretty bad. Whatever though, it's a means to an end. The end is getting closer and closer, and I'm SO cool with that. I've lived with dental pain for so long that I don't remember what it's like to be able to chew, or even talk to people without it hurting....so naturally, I'm excited to get this work done!

I can't wait to blog about fun stuff.....

I'm gonna listen to Dolly Parton now (9-5 and Odd Jobs) and go to a happy place.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain dude, I am actually in a somewhat similar situation! Except my tooth almost killed me, I got some penicillin to get the infection down but I had to learn the hard way that I was allergic to penicillin and ended up in the freakin hospital for 3 days! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete