Monday, January 12, 2009

Mondays Are...

Not so bad! I actually had a pretty uneventful and pleasant day! I rode part-way to school with Josh this morning and applied for a few crummy jobs at places I don't really want to work, then hopped the train out to Hillsboro and helped my brother Kory with some projects today. We did some mutual venting about how working for other people is dumb (I've been self-employed for several years, and I'm having trouble getting back into the groove of the corporate world...it sucks), and tried to come up with some new start-up businesses that would work for us. Anybody have a great business idea for me to exploit? Blah, blah...next.

Peder (Kory's partner/hubby) made a delectable assortment of Chinese nibbles for dinner including some very yummy egg rolls that I couldn't keep my hands off of, and I'm starting to pay the price!! We don't eat much in the way of fried foods, and my tummy is throwing a fit! (They were really, really tasty, Peder)

What goes better with Chinese food than a Chinese game? We played a quick hand of Mah Jong (the ACTUAL Mah Jong, not the matching game you often find online), before heading back into the city for our weekly Mah Jong night at our friends Joy and Bruce's house. Mondays are really special for us. Joy and Bruce are about the best friends anybody could ask for. They've done so much for us in the past few years, and we really enjoy the time we get to spend with them.

So....Yay!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment