Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hello!

OK...so, I've never done this before. I'm a total virgin. I mean, I've read a few blogs here and there...mostly my brothers'...but a few others. Anyway...I don't know why you would be interested in reading about my day to day life...but whatever pops your cork works for me. I kind of like the idea of you spying on me like this anyway...it gives me a kinda silly little thrill. So do it!!
My name is Kelsey. I live in Portland, Oregon (aka the Coolest City in America) with my husband Josh. I'm a guy. (Did I forget to tell you that??) We've been together for about 5 years and only want to kill each other a little every once in a while, so it's good. We have the coolest most bitchy cat I've ever met. Her name is Clio, she thinks she is a minor god and demands that kind of treatment. Whatever...she eats on the floor like every other cat I've owned and she still get's hucked out a window if she pisses one of us off in the middle of the night(I have a few stories to share about that later). I totally love her. Now...that said...I'm not a flaming, lap cat loving, limp-wristed, sassy-ass queen. I just happen to prefer the company of cats over dogs....which we will soon have also...an adorable and utterly retarded yellow lab named Butter....she's pretty cool though, I only sort-of hate her (she smells). She has the softest fur I've ever felt. You have to see/feel it to believe it. She belongs to my Ex, Jason....with whom we are buying a house. Creepy? Not really...Josh and Jason have been friends for a long time and Jason knows what he did. LOL. But, really....we all get along very well...it's a decent sized house on a HUGE lot....and Jason works a few hundred miles from here in the Columbia River Gorge and is only home a few days a week, so we can still play Guitar Hero or Halo 3 naked and drunk in the living-room if we want. It's pretty great.

The title of our blog is accurate. We are zymurgy hobbiests. We make our own beers, ciders, meads and fruit wines. It's something that we both really love doing. We also make our own cheeses, which is loads of fun and very rewarding. If you've never tried fresh, homemade ricotta or queso fresco, or panneer...you should try it out. It's so simple and tasty.

We're also vegetarian and hardcore organic gardeners. Last year we had a plot over 4000 square feet. When we were getting ready to move back to Portland in September I was really nervous about not having a garden space to go all zen in. I need the dirt to play in or I go crazy. There's just something extra special about growing your own food. We're both Pepperologists. We know all things Capsicum. Seriously...I will freak your freakin' freak...so will Josh. I love peppers from the sweetest sweet to the hottest hot, and we typically grow around 100 plants in about 15-20 varieties. Check out www.pepperjoes.com if you want to see/buy some cool peppers/seeds. He has nothing on us, but I still use his company as one of my sources....blah blah. Eat peppers, they're good for you, a'ight?

I think that's enough intro for now...hopefully you don't completely hate me yet....it'll take at least a few more postings for that. I do plan on getting all kinds of pictures on here, just not tonight. I'm tired and my butt hurts from sitting here. Have a great day and thanks for checking me out! It makes me feel special. :)

-Kelsey and Josh (even though all he did was tell me livingroom looks wrong as an un-hypenated word...like I care...May-be I sho-uld st-art hypen-ating every-thing)

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging. When I started, I was not sure either. But it is cool knowing that other people are reading about my life and sometimes commenting on it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete