Sunday, January 11, 2009

Axis of Evil.....Defeated

After much hair-pulling, formatting and re-formatting, restoring and re-restoring...some sobbing, a little prayer and a bunch of screaming at innocent bystanders - I have crushed and defeated my opponent, the iPod. I have restored order to my iTunes library. My slightly SMALLER iTunes library, anyway. I'm still pretty pissed off about that. I keep finding more missing in little pockets, too. Bleh! Anyway, the point is that I have a beautifully arranged music folder that is now completely uniform and easy to navigate, and I successfully transfered most of my music to the tricky 40GB iMonster. We're friends again.

On a related topic:

I hate to admit it, but I'm really starting to enjoy Vista...it took me a year to really start appreciating this operating system. I'm a control freak, and Vista was constantly undermining my authority. I'm now resigned to enjoying it for what it is, which is pretty and flashy, put simply. Once you figure out how to 'take the power back' (it took me a few hours), it mostly runs like you're used to a PC running...it's getting more stable as the bugs are fixed to so I'm giving Vista an overall rating of '6' on a scale of 1-10. Not bad.

Unrelated topic:

Our house closing date has been pushed back, again, to the 13th....which is Tuesday. I'm really unhappy playing the waiting game with the damn foreclosing bank...anyone who reads this: Please think happy thoughts for us! We really need this to happen. Our neighborhood is scary and stabby(as in, broken-liquor-bottle-crackhead-stabby).

Sundays are OK.
- J&K

No comments:

Post a Comment