Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Been Painting + GREAT news about ME!!






So the top few shots are our bedroom. Half the room is that lovely lighter grey/blue and the other half is going to be a lovely velvety latte, situated so the colors are opposing triangles if that makes sense. It's nice. Also, Joshie took a butt-shot, trying to capture my newest underwear...I love them, they're the C-IN2 "Pop Colours" bright hibiscus...a nice addition to my extensive collection of designer undies. They're rockin'...LOL. I'm also rockin' my Papa Bear Adventures hat, 'cuz after all - I'm just a sweet cuddly cubby! I love that hat.

The lower shots are in the living room (and showcase Joshies rump...hehe), and show our bold, deep - yet, bright cobalt accent wall. I LOVE it. The whole place has been this yucky, boring off-white color, so we've been itching to get some color up on these walls since we moved into the place back in January. Anyway, that deep blue really changes the way the whole room feels, and it really makes the big screen TV pop out. We painted the hall that runs from the living room to our bedroom, bathroom and the office a lovely latte, and I plan on extending that out to our entry hall also, it compliments both of the blues incredibly well. Next is the bathroom! We are going to prime the walls on Friday and start painting on Saturday morning! We're doing a super-pale grey-blue and rich espresso...it ties in well with our rainy blue, seafoam green, creamy espresso and porter with brushed chrome hardware scheme. When it's all done I think that we're going to have a very warm feeling home that is completely our style. I'm overjoyed, really. It's the first time in a long time that everything has been our choices alone. No housemates to consider.

So, in other news: As anybody who reads my silly blog knows, I have been having a really terrible time when it comes to all things medical...from my surprise emergency surgery in October with all of the crazy complications afterward; the permanent nerve damage, and the series of infections I've had since...all THAT crap. I've had to pay for all of this out-of-pocket, because I am a full-time college student and don't work, so have no insurance. The financial burden alone has been tremendous...over six figures, people! I mean...it has just been crushing the life out of me and probably making me even more sick. Having to worry about that burden every minute of every day has really taken a toll on my poor brain and body.

I didn't even realize just how much pent-up emotion/stress I was under until today when I got a call from the wellness center at the college I attend, and was informed that I have been accepted into their coverage program. It's available to minorities (being gay counts!) who are 1st generation college students and have a demonstrated need for health insurance and medical assistance. As of Tuesday, I will have FULL medical/dental and optical insurance coverage for free. It will follow me to whichever university I transfer to (Portland State, Fall 2011) and will stay with me for as long as I am a student in the state of Oregon. When I hung up the phone, I immediately burst into tears, which then progressed to me curled up on my bed bawling my friggin' head-off for a good 30 minutes or so...and I don't mean peacefully sobbing into my pillow...I'm talking the whole shebang: Shaking, wailing, snot everywhere...it was totally not pretty, but there was just no stopping it! That little 2-minute phone call took this incredible burden that Josh and I have been feeling for about a year now and just made it go away...no fuss...just gone! I was just so relieved and happy that all I could do was cry hysterically. In the picture above where I'm smiling for the camera with my Papa Bear hat on, you can still see how puffy my face is from all the tears. Pure emotional catharsis. I feel like I can start living again.

I also learned yesterday from my writing professor that I get to write my thesis on Organic Horticultural Practices and Environmental Sustainability...ROCK!! It's a chance for me to marry my favorite disciplines; modern language and gardening. AND - In my linguistics/cultural anthropology course, I get to present a piece on homosexuality in modern culture!!

Damn this has been a good week.

4 comments:

  1. Love hearing the great news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a 1st timer on your site, it has been awesome to read this type of news. I'm in Vancouver BC and working full time so I get full medical plus extended as well. Lucky Canadians EH,... BTW the hat looks very hot on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! Talk about awesome! That's very cool news for you both!! This will be such worry now!!
    LOVE the painting job too! Great job so faar guys! colour is fun!! I think we need to see more of this "collection" you wear ;)

    ReplyDelete