Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hungry Cat + Concrete Stairs = ???


I swear to effing eff that the gods have issued a flippin' friggin' bounty on my head!! I was running late this morning, so naturally, I wasn't paying much attention in my rush out the door, to the screaming-hungry alley cat (Cat, or Kitty, she's a fat sweetie-puss that lives under our stairs) at my feet. So stupid! Don't ignore a cat with purpose, they exact revenge swiftly for being ignored! Today that revenge came in the form of a terrible tumble down a flight of cement stairs and a whack on the head on my way down (ALL THE WAY) into a very unfriendly wrought-iron railing. I look like I got hit by a motherhumping bus.

The experience is actually very blank. One moment she was meowing at my feet and I was attempting to dart around her, and then...crashing/sickening thuds and thunks, blood, pain and meowing in my face as I lay on my side at the base of the stairs wondering how I got there and, realizing what happened, how I survived the 14 feet or so fall. I just don't remember anything except for suddenly being really confused and in a world of hurt. I skipped my first class and spent the extra 2 hours trying to stop the blood from coming out of my head, hands, arms, knee and ankle. I look unbelievably horrifying. I'm willing to bet small children would burst into tears at the mere sight of me...at a distance, even.

Life is swell(ing)!!

Anyway. This isn't a downer post. I'm OK, and thoroughly ripped on my back-up ibuprofen, Flexeril and morphine supply. This is a cautionary tale (unfortunately autobiographical)!!! Ignore a hungry homeless cat and suffer the wrath of the universe!!!!

Take care and be alert!!
Love,
Kel

6 comments:

  1. That looks totally awesome. If you need to scare the crap out of someone just slowly peel the bandaid off and ask them to kiss it. Hopefully a konk on the head just shook a few cobwebs loose, the barn cats at my housde occasionally try to kill me as well. Now ask you other half to make you a dish of ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Baby. That's one reason I've made it my lif'es mission to stay clear of pussy. MEOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY OUCHiE!! that totally looks like it hurt a hell of a lot!! Yay for morphine, its like a bliss of sunshine and rainbows in every drop! Cats are evil, it most likely tried to kill you. Cats do that. i have two of them so i know!! You're lucky that's all you got was a the gash and some pain! that's a lot of stairs!!

    ReplyDelete